Dianabol is an anabolic steroid, the trade name of dianabol is methandrostenolone. It is a powerful synthetic testosterone hormone. It is used to improve the athletic ability or body building with fat free mass.
This is widely used as oral anabolic steroids which show severe side effects and dangerous consequences. A general side effects of dianabol includes depression, dizziness, hallucinations, palpitations, premature hair loss, insomnia, acne, cardiovascular disease, vomiting, fluid retention, mood changes, trembling, urinary problems, pain in joints, appetite increase, mental illness, difficulties in sleeping, jaundice, high blood pressure levels, gynecomastia, stroke, oily skin and accelerated chance of injuring muscles and tendons.
- Dianabol is toxic to liver because it belongs to C17-alpha alkylated family of anabolic steroids. The structurally altered hormone at the 17th carbon position will cause liver enzymes to increase due to its toxic nature. Its long term use of 10 mg per day can increase the liver secretion. Hence, high blood pressure patients should be cautioned before using it.
- It also increases man’s weight due to the strong water accumulation and can cause arterial tension and the heartbeat intensifications. After discontinuing it, the musculature and force will be decreased. The dose of 20 mg per day in athlete increases the risk of side effects.
- It may suppress the production of natural testosterone with 30% to 40% after 10 days of use.
- It contains a strong androgen component which is transformed in dihydrosterone that intensifies the sebaceous glands causes acne on the face, thorax, neck, and shoulders for some athletes and also accelerates premature hair loss or baldness in the case of hereditary.
- The cardiovascular risk increases by the use of dianabol by increasing low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) also referred as bad cholesterol and decrease high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) or good cholesterol.
- Dianabol can cause excess facial and body hair growth in women, breast growth in men and shrinking or atrophy of the testicles. Abuse of dianabol can also cause an oily scalp and thinning of the hair, deepening of the voice and enlargement of the clitoris .
- Mood alterations by its use has been associated with extreme mood swings, such as rage and aggression, mania that can cause violent outbursts.
Some additional side effects has been also reported such as anxiety, nervousness, gloominess, aggressiveness, delusions, uncontrolled bouts of anger, and irritability.
A healthy lifestyle including proper diet can help to combat dianabol side effects by maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Those who take dianabol both men and women must make sure they are aware of the risks and dangers involved.